Lake Purdy is fully booked for
Memorial Day Weekend
We will not have pontoons or bass boats to rent if you do not already have a reservation. I apologize if you were not able to get a boat this weekend. This is the busiest weekend of the year and there was a lot of pent up demand. We will be open all summer so please try us again. Lake Purdy will be closed on Tuesday, May 26th. Starting Wednesday May 27th you can call from 9AM to 5PM to make reservation for next weekend. Wes and Randy Hagood caught a mess of 2 lb plus crappie this week.
Memorial Day Schedule
Monday May 25
Lake Purdy is open on Memorial Day from 6AM to 8PM for paid Boat reservations. Phone Reservation line will not be open this weekend. New reservations can be made starting Wednesday, May 27th, 9AM till 5PM.
Please note, Lake Purdy does not have picnic areas and we can not accomodate extra people who are not on board the designated rental boat.
Lake Purdy will be closed on Tuesday, May 26
David Grindle, 9 years old, caught this stringer of bass using a spinner bait and a Carolina Rigged lizard
Boat Reservation Line now open
9AM - 5PM Tuesday - Friday
Reservation Line is closed on the weekend
Lake Purdy Boat rentals now has a capacity limitation which does not allow us to rent all boats. That is why we are now taking paid phone reservations Tuesday through Friday from 9AM to 5PM for all boats rentals up to a week in advance. Please realize, because of our capacity limitation, you may not be able to walk in without a reservation and get a boat, even though you may see empty boats on the landing.
Eric Cleckler caught his limit of Crappie (30) on May 16th using crappie minnows. He was fishing between 18' -20' deep.
Lake Purdy is now reopen and Hiring
Full and Part time for immediate work.
Apply in person at the Lake Purdy Tackle Store from 2PM to 5PM Tuesday-Friday
Rogers Rose, Jr caught this 2lb shellcracker May 17th with a red worm
New Policies are in Place to assure the safety of our customers and staff please read
Boat Rentals by Reservation Only
- Boat rentals will by paid reservations. The reservation phone line (205) 991-9107 will be open from 9 AM to 5PM Tuesday through Friday. Reservations can be made for up to seven days in advance. We will not be able to take reservations on the phone on Saturday and Sunday.
- Phone reservations will require payment by credit or debit card at the time of the reservation. Rain checks for a future rental will be issued for bad weather or, with 24 hours prior notice, for change of plans.
- Reservations for 3 or 6 hour time slots starting at 6AM, 9:30AM, 1PM, or 4:30PM.
- No night rentals at this time. Latest boat rental due in at 7:30 PM
- Boat capacity will be reduced to 8 people for the largest pontoons and 4 people for the smaller pontoons. Pontoon occupancy will be restricted to single families or parties traveling together to the Boat Landing.
- All other rental boats, including bass boats, motor boats and jon boats without motors are restricted to a maximum of 3 people per boat.
These are some additional procedures we have instituted to maintain safe operations for our customers and staff.
- We will limit the number of people in the bait store to a maximum of 8 people.
- Spacing for check out will be marked on the floor to maintain 6 feet of separation.
- All life jacket and paddles will be disinfected before and after each rental.
- All Boats will be disinfected before and after each rental.
- Our staff will wear mask and gloves and will maintain social distancing when instructing customers on safe boat and motor operations.
- Lake Purdy staff has always taken pride in providing assistance to our boat rental customers. However, for this limited reopening, our staff will not permitted to handle or load customers equipment onto the boats. At the end of the boat rental, customers are required to return life jackets and paddles to designated containers for disinfecting. This will help protect our staff who have previously assisted customers with these tasks.
- Customers requiring help to load and unload rental boats will need to bring a family member to provide this assistance.
- We ask that all store purchases for tackle, bait and food be paid by credit or debit card. No convenience fees will be charged for card purchases.
New pontoons are now renting
Call for reservations 9AM to 5PM (205) 991-9107 Tuesday through Fridays
Brian Brooks was catching slab Crappie before the recent shut down and he is ready to get back on Lake Purdy
once we are out of the woods.
Will Allison with slab crappie. More fish like this are enjoying the reduce fishing pressure during the 2020 spawning season. Should be a bumper crop next year.