Lake Purdy Boat Only Night Time Rental Now Available
After 5PM customer who have their own motors and running lights can rent a boat to fish past our closing time of 8PM into the evening. No reservation is necessary. We are not renting motor boats, bass boats or pontoon boats for night rentals.
Boat Rentals by Reservation
- Boat rentals will by paid reservations. The reservation phone line (205) 991-9107 will be open from 9 AM to 5PM Tuesday through Friday and you will be able to reserve boats for the upcoming Saturday and Sunday or any weekday up to seven days in advance. Because we are busy with customers on the weekend we will not be able to take reservations on the phone on Saturday and Sunday.
Phone reservations will require payment by credit or debit card at the
time of the reservation. Rain checks for a future rental will be issued
for bad weather or, with 24 hours prior notice, for change of plans.
- Reservations for 3 or 6 hour time slots starting at 6AM, 9:30AM, 1PM, or 4:30PM.
- Latest boat rental due in at 7:30 PM
capacity will be reduced to 8 people for the largest pontoons and 4
people for the smaller pontoons. Pontoon occupancy will be restricted
to single families or parties traveling together to the Boat Landing.
- All other rental boats, including bass boats, motor boats and jon boats without motors are restricted to a maximum of 3 people per boat.
- Night time rentals are for Boats only. Customers must have their own motor and regulation running lights.
- Lake Purdy will no longer rent fishing poles, anchors, trolling motors, or batteries. Most of these items are available in the store for purchase.
- Reservations are non-refundable. However, you can change the time or date of your reservation with at least 24 hour notice before your scheduled reservation for any reason. If a rain storm interrupts your reservation for more than 1/2 of your reserved time we will give you a rain check to schedule for another time. You must be present at Lake Purdy to claim and receive a rain check.
These are some additional procedures we have instituted to maintain safe operations for our customers and staff.
- We will limit the number of people in the bait store to a maximum of 8 people.
- Spacing for check out will be marked on the floor to maintain 6 feet of separation.
- All life jacket and paddles will be disinfected before and after each rental.
- Our staff will wear mask and will maintain social distancing when instructing customers on safe boat and motor operations.
- Lake Purdy staff has always taken pride in providing assistance to our boat rental customers. However, for this limited reopening, our staff will not permitted to handle or load customers equipment onto the boats. At the end of the boat rental, customers are required to return life jackets and paddles to designated containers for disinfecting. This will help protect our staff who have previously assisted customers with these tasks.
- Customers requiring help to load and unload rental boats will need to bring a family member to provide this assistance.
- No convenience fees will be charged for card purchases.